Yoga Teacher: Vonetta Winter
Vonetta's 2019 Retreats: March 10, April 21, June 2, July 21
<<< Click the photos here to see our other retreats or view them in the Calendar.
Being enclosed by the gentle rolling green hills of the Portuguese Forests easily invites our attention inward away from the normal concerns of daily life, heightening our awareness of our more intuitive or creative capacities. Released from the bombardment of modern stimuli, the countryside softens us and we become more conscious of our experience in each moment, fostering a childlike joy in the now, in the play of light through a window, through a Forest or through our own eyelashes.
As we take our early Morning walks we become more attentive to the details of the Forest, the texture of stone or the smell of the woodland floor underfoot. We earn and give ourselves the time to observe the changing nature of the light at Morning Yoga Practice and Evening Sunset Practice. The silence and noises of the countryside provide the natural soundtrack to Guided Meditation as we enlighten our imaginations through contemplation of the Chakra System.
The heat of the midday sun on our backs while dangling feet in a cold running stream rejuvenates us. Medicated therapeutic or relaxing oil massage soothes away the accumulated muscular aggravations as we become more connected to the intuitive, mysterious, and not easily verbalized aspects of ourselves so that we may return to our lives with a little less tension and with a little more delight.
Prices: 900€/1100€ in a single/double bed Soulpad belle tent in the forest, 1000€ in a shared cottage or couple sharing private room. 1300€ for a private double bedroom as single occupancy. 10% discount for returning guests, a 2 week stay or groups of 4 or more.
- All food, accommodation and facilities
- Transport to and from Oleiros
- Guided silent morning walks in the forest
- 5 Morning Yoga and Pranayama Classes
- 4 Afternoon Sessions exploring the Bandhas and Meditation, guided Shavasana and Partner Yoga
- Half hour private health consultation
- One hour Body Harmonising massage - Thai, Tui Na, Indonesian, Ayurvedic and/or Acupuncture
- A mid week trip to the Rio Zêzere for a mud bath and swim (weather permitting).
- Additional treatments available from our therapists for 90€ per 90 minutes